Triangle Treat Box With Peek A Boo Window
This 3 dimensional box is a great way to add little treats for gift giving. The dimensions are approximately 6 in tall, 3 1/2 in wide at the top and 1 1/2 in deep at the base. It includes an optional tag. There is a video at the end of this tutorial to assist with assembling the triangle Treat box.
- Triangle Treat Box SVG
- (1) 8 1/2 in x 11 in or larger piece of cardstock of at least 80# weight
- (1) 12 in x 12 in patterned paper or decorative paper
- (1) 4 in x 6 in piece of acetate
- Cricut Mat
- Cricut Scoring Tool
- Cricut Fine Point Blade
- Bone folder or scraper
- Double sided tape
- Permanent adhesive or tape runner
1. Add the design to your canvas and select all by hitting "Control+A" on a Windows PC or by "Command+A" on a Mac. Click on "Ungroup".
2. Close the "eye" on the layers "Decorative Paper", "Acetate Window", "Snowflake" and "Tag".
3. Click on the layer "Score Lines" and make sure that the operation is set to "Score".
4. Select all again by hitting "Control+A" on a Windows PC or by "Command+A" on a Mac. Click on "Attach".
5. Add the your heavy cardstock to your mat and make sure that you have loaded your scoring tool in your cutting machine. Choose the appropriate materials when sending to cut. The machine will pause so that you can swap the scoring tool with the fine point blade.
6. When the cut is complete return to the canvas and turn off the "eye" on all layers except the "Decorative Paper". Send to the machine to cut making sure to choose the appropriate material.
7. When the cut is complete return to your canvas again and turn off the "eye" on all layers except the "Acetate Window". Send to the machine to cut making sure to choose the appropriate material. Repeat again if wanting to include the optional tag.
8. You should have one box base, (1) patterned paper triangle, (1) acetate triangle, (2) scalloped pieces, (2) small "left" triangles and (2) small "right" triangles.
9. Gather all supplies necessary to assemble the box.
10. Flip box over so that the side tab is on the left. Add your double sided tape to adhere the acetate for the window.
11. Flip box over again so that the side tab is on the right. Adhere double sided tape to the side tab. Adhere double sided tape to the bottom box tabs ( NOTE: do not add tape to the far left tab) Adhere the patterned paper to the box centering triangles in the score lines using adhesive or a tape runner.
12. Assembly Video instructions
If you liked this box, check out the 3D Eight Sided Gift Box!