Eight Sided Gift Box Step By Step Tutorial
Present a small gift in this unique 3D Eight Sided Gift Box or fill it with some small treats to give at the holidays for loved ones!
4 1/2 in tall, 3 1/4 in wide and 3 in deep or round
- Eight Sided Gift Box SVG
- 12" x 12" sheet of cardstock, suggest 80# or heavier
- 12" x 12" sheet patterned or decorative paper
- Cricut mat for cardstock
- Cricut Scoring tool
- Cricut Fine point blade
- Bone folder or scraper to crease score lines
- Ribbon of choice
- Red line tape
- Repositionable to permanent glue
After the design is loaded to your mat, make sure your design is selected and click "ungroup"
2. After the design is loaded to your mat, make sure your design is selected and click "ungroup"
3. Double check that the layer "Score Lines" has the operation "score" and not basic cut. The "Box Layer - Cut 1" and " Box Bottom" will have the operation of "Basic Cut"
4. Select the 3 layers by "Ctrl+A" on a Windows PC or "Command+A" on a Mac. Once selected, then click on "Attach" and send to your Cricut to be Cut. You will need to have 1 sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock loaded on your mat and your scoring tool loaded. Choose the appropriate material type. The cutter will score the cardstock first and then pause for you to change to the fine point blade. Once complete unload and return to the canvas.
5. Close the "eye" on the 3 layers you just scored and cut and open the eye on the "Decorative Paper" layer. Load one sheet of 12" x 12" decorative or patterned paper, choose appropriate materials and cut.
6. Gather tools needed to assemble your box like ribbon, Double sided tape, scissors, adhesive, bone folder or scraper.
1. Here is a picture of what you should have cut and scored.
2. Glue the decorative or patterned paper to the front side of the box. Add your double sided tape to the angled side tab.
3. Flip the cardstock over so that the angled tab is on your right. Add a piece of double sided tape to the edge of tabs #2, #4, #5 and #7. Turn over the Box bottom and add 4 pieces of double sided tape to that as well.
4. Assembly video
If you like this box, check out my 3D Triangle Treat Box!